Blog Content - What's happening?

Firstly, thanks for visiting my blog! Secondly, I should explain the logic behind the posts. Some posts I'm doing 'on the fly' while others are posts relating to past experiences. I'll try to title them accordingly or you can search using tags.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Travel Stage 1 - Crazy things in Florida

FLIGHT TO FLORIDA

Jack's first flight from Ottawa to Newark, New Jersey went quite well. I don't remember anything but smiles and that twitching thing he does when he's really excited. He spent most of his time staring at people across the isle, playing with his bording pass and his favourite activity of all which is staring at the lights on the ceiling. The descent wasn't a problem on either flight... but I really don't know what the altitudes were. I suppose the 8 hour flight to Uruguay is going to be at higher altitude which means a longer decent and likely more problems with the tempanic membrane (ear).



STROLLER & STARING AT MORE LIGHTS

We took a little drive over to the Home Depot today looking for a 'universal sink plug' and a 'retractable clothes line' called a flexoline, which are both pivotal items to have when traveling overseas on a budget. The sink plug will fit in almost any sink so that we can do our our laundry. The clothes line is brilliant because it's elastic, can stretch to 7 feet, has hooks on both ends and you can pull apart the elastic fibers to insert your clothes, eliminating the need for clothes pegs! Unfortately the 'flexoline' was nowhere to be found so we had to settle for regular rope.

At Home Depot we found the sink plug which was right around the corner from the 'Holy Shit!' isle. Vicky tells me ...'You have to see the next isle!' Judging by her excitement I probably should have had the camera ready but I was still upset about not finding my flexoline. The next isle was the width of 2-3 regular isles with the entire ceiling covered in lights!

You must be thinking... "HOLY CRAP BRUCE, REALY? LIGHTS?" Please don't close your browser yet... when you have a baby who loves staring at lights and ceiling fans, combining the two could cause some type of stimulation overload, and you'd know that things could get interesting.



DOG ON TRUCK

And now for my 'WTF' moment of the day, I spotted this dog sitting on the back on a covered pickup truck going down the highway at approximately 65-70 MPH (close to 120 km/h). I figured the guy was driving this fast because we were doing the speed limit and he passed us. I imagined how horrible I would feel seeing even a minor accident. Click on this link to watch the video!

A lot of other things happened today like Jack cutting his finger on my beer can when I looked the other way. I wouldn't have known if I didn't see the blood because he didn't even flinch. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Jack also hummed something in response to Vicky's humming. He also hit someone over the head when they tried to play 'peek-a-boo' with him. Apparently, he was smart enough to know where the person was hiding.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to subscribe!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I would have asked the guy driving how does he do that?? just for conversation but what an idiot...must be someone your father knows LOL
    Did you try going to the camping section of home depot or a camping store for your clothes lines?

    ReplyDelete